Section 176.06 | Number and dollar amount of mortgage loans.
(A) Each municipal corporation, county, and township shall compile and make available, in accordance with this section, to the public for inspection and copying for a period of five years, the number and total dollar amount of mortgage loans that were originated, for which completed applications were received and applicants were rejected, and that were purchased by that municipal corporation, county, or township during each fiscal year. Information regarding each mortgage loan category described in this section shall be itemized to clearly and conspicuously disclose the following:
(1) The number and dollar amount of mortgage loans insured under Title II of the "National Housing Act," 48 Stat. 1246 (1934), 12 U.S.C.A. 1707 et seq., or under Title V of the "Housing Act of 1949," 63 Stat. 413, 432, 42 U.S.C.A. 1471 et seq., or guaranteed under the "Veterans' Loan Act," 58 Stat. 284 (1944), 38 U.S.C.A. 1801 et seq.;
(2) The number and dollar amount of mortgage loans made to mortgagors who did not, at the time of execution of the mortgage, intend to reside in the property securing the mortgage loan;
(3) The number and dollar amount of home improvement loans;
(4) The number and dollar amount of mortgage loans involving mortgagors or mortgage applicants grouped according to census tract, income level, race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, disability as defined in section 4112.01 of the Revised Code, military status as defined in that section, and national origin.
(B) The information described in this section shall be made available to the public in raw data form and updated quarterly. Within four months after the end of each fiscal year, each municipal corporation, county, and township shall submit to the president of the senate and the speaker of the house of representatives a report containing the information described in this section for the immediately preceding fiscal year.
(C) As used in this section, "mortgage loan" means a loan secured by a mortgage, deed of trust, or other security interest to finance the acquisition, construction, improvement, or rehabilitation of single-family residential housing.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 24, 2008 – House Bill 372 - 127th General Assembly [ View March 24, 2008 Version ]