Section 1776.86 | Statement of foreign qualification.
(A) A foreign limited liability partnership shall file a statement of foreign qualification with the secretary of state prior to transacting any business in this state. The statement shall contain all of the following:
(1) The name of the foreign limited liability partnership. The name shall satisfy the requirements of the state or other jurisdiction under whose law it is formed and shall end with "registered limited liability partnership," "limited liability partnership," "R.L.L.P.," "L.L.P.," "RLLP," or "LLP."
(2) The street address of the partnership's chief executive office and, if the partnership's chief executive office is not in this state, the street address of any partnership office in this state;
(3) If there is no office of the partnership in this state, the name and street address of the partnership's agent for service of process;
(4) Any deferred effective date;
(5) Evidence of existence in its jurisdiction of origin.
(B) The agent of a foreign limited liability partnership for service of process shall be one of the following:
(1) A natural person who is a resident of this state;
(2) A domestic or foreign corporation, nonprofit corporation, limited liability company, partnership, limited partnership, limited liability partnership, limited partnership association, professional association, business trust, or unincorporated nonprofit association that has a business address in this state. If the agent is an entity other than a domestic corporation, the agent shall meet the requirements of Title XVII of the Revised Code for an entity of the agent's type to transact business or exercise privileges in this state.
(C) The status of a partnership as a foreign limited liability partnership is effective on the later of the filing of the statement of foreign qualification or a date specified in the statement. The status remains effective, regardless of changes in the partnership, until it is canceled pursuant to division (D) of section 1776.05 of the Revised Code or revoked pursuant to section 1776.83 of the Revised Code.
(D) An amendment or cancellation of a statement of foreign qualification is effective when it is filed or on a deferred effective date specified in the amendment or cancellation.
Available Versions of this Section
- May 20, 2014 – Senate Bill 98 - 130th General Assembly [ View May 20, 2014 Version ]