Skip to main content
Back To Top Top Back To Top
The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation. Updates may be slower during some times of the year, depending on the volume of enacted legislation.

Section 2111.182 | Order for portion of funds to minor be deposited in trust.


If a minor is entitled to money or property whether by settlement or judgment for personal injury or damage to tangible or intangible property, inheritance or otherwise, the probate court may order that all or a portion of the amount received by the minor be deposited into a trust for the benefit of that beneficiary until the beneficiary reaches twenty-five years of age, and order the distribution of the amount in accordance with the provisions of the trust. Prior to the appointment as a trustee of a trust created pursuant to this section, the person to be appointed shall be approved by a parent or guardian of the minor beneficiary of the trust, unless otherwise ordered by the probate court.

Available Versions of this Section