Skip to main content
Back To Top Top Back To Top
The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation. Updates may be slower during some times of the year, depending on the volume of enacted legislation.

Section 2111.39 | Foreign guardian may collect money.


When a foreign legal representative of a nonresident ward applies to have all or any of the moneys or property in the possession or under the control of the resident guardian of the ward paid or delivered to the foreign representative, the foreign representative shall file a petition or motion in the probate court by which the resident guardian was appointed. The resident guardian shall be given thirty days' notice of the time of hearing on the petition or motion, and the foreign representative shall produce an exemplification under the seal of the office, if there is a seal, of the proper court of the state of the foreign representative's residence containing all the entries on record in relation to the foreign representative's appointment and qualification, authenticated as required by the act of congress in those cases. Upon the hearing, the court shall make an order that it considers for the best interests of the nonresident ward or the nonresident ward's estate.

Available Versions of this Section