Skip to main content
Back To Top Top Back To Top
The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation. Updates may be slower during some times of the year, depending on the volume of enacted legislation.

Section 2127.05 | Guardian may sell.


Whenever necessary for the education, support, or the payment of the just debts of the ward, or for the discharge of liens on the real property of the ward, whenever the real property of the ward is suffering unavoidable waste, or a better investment of its value can be made, or whenever it appears that a sale of the real property will be for the benefit of the ward or the ward's children, the guardian of the person and estate or of the estate only of a minor,incompetent adult, or other person under disability may commence a civil action in the probate court for authority to sell all or any part of the real property of the ward. If it appears to the advantage of the ward to lay out all or any part of the real property in town lots, application for that authority may also be made in the action.

When the same person is guardian for two or more wards whose real property is owned by them jointly or in common, the actions may be joined, and in one complaint the guardian may ask for the sale of the interest of all or any number of the guardian's wards in the real property. If different persons are guardians of wards interested jointly or in common in the same real property, they may join as parties plaintiff in the same action. On the hearing, in either case, the court may authorize the sale of the interest of one or more of the wards.

Last updated March 14, 2023 at 10:44 AM

Available Versions of this Section