Section 2151.361 | Order requiring parents to pay support where adopted child is placed into temporary custody or committed.
(A) If the parents of a child enter into an agreement with a public children services agency or private child placing agency to place the child into the temporary custody of the agency or the child is committed as provided by this chapter, the juvenile court, at its discretion, may issue an order pursuant to Chapters 3119., 3121., 3123., and 3125. of the Revised Code requiring that the parents pay for the care, support, maintenance, and education of the child if the parents adopted the child.
(B) When determining whether to issue an order under division (A) of this section, the juvenile court shall consider all pertinent issues, including, but not limited to, all of the following:
(1) The ability of the parents to pay for the care, support, maintenance, and education of the child;
(2) The chances for reunification of the parents and child;
(3) Whether issuing the order will encourage the reunification of the parents and child or undermine that reunification;
(4) Whether the problem underlying the agreement to place the child into temporary custody existed prior to the parents' adoption of the child and whether the parents were informed of the problem prior to that adoption;
(5) Whether the problem underlying the agreement to place the child into temporary custody began after the parents' adoption of the child;
(6) Whether the parents have contributed to the child's problems;
(7) Whether the parents are part of the solution to the child's problems;
(8) The ability of the parents to meet the needs of all other children residing in the home.
Available Versions of this Section
- April 7, 2009 – House Bill 7 - 127th General Assembly [ View April 7, 2009 Version ]