Section 2151.4220 | [Recodified from R.C. 2151.4210] Memorandum of understanding required; signatories.
(A) Each public children services agency shall prepare a memorandum of understanding that is signed by all of the following:
(1) If there is only one juvenile judge in the county, the juvenile judge of the county or the juvenile judge's representative upon the judge's review and approval;
(2) If there is more than one juvenile judge in the county, a juvenile judge or the juvenile judges' representative selected by the juvenile judges or, if they are unable to do so for any reason, the juvenile judge who is senior in point of service or the senior juvenile judge's representative upon the judge's review and approval;
(3) The county peace officer;
(4) All chief municipal peace officers within the county;
(5) Other law enforcement officers handling child abuse and neglect cases in the county;
(6) The prosecuting attorney of the county;
(7) If the public children services agency is not the county department of job and family services, the county department of job and family services;
(8) The county humane society;
(9) If the public children services agency participated in the execution of a memorandum of understanding under section 2151.426 of the Revised Code establishing a children's advocacy center, each participating member of the children's advocacy center established by the memorandum.
(B)(1) The clerk of the court of common pleas in the county may sign the memorandum of understanding prepared under division (A) of this section.
(2) If the clerk signs the memorandum of understanding, the clerk shall execute all relevant responsibilities as required of officials specified in the memorandum.
Last updated May 24, 2022 at 5:54 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- May 30, 2022 – Amended by House Bill 4 - 134th General Assembly [ View May 30, 2022 Version ]