Section 2151.57 | Definitions for RC sections 2151.57 to 2151.59.
(1) "Interstate compact for juveniles" means the interstate compact for juveniles ratified, enacted into law, and entered into by this state pursuant to section 2151.56 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Bylaws," "commissioner," "compact administrator," and "interstate commission for juveniles" have the same meanings as in section 2151.56 of the Revised Code.
(B) The state council for interstate juvenile supervision is hereby established within the department of youth services. The council shall consist of the following members:
(1) One member who is the compact administrator or the designee of the compact administrator;
(2) One member of the house of representatives appointed by the speaker of the house of representatives;
(3) One member of the senate appointed by the president of the senate;
(4) One member who is a representative of the executive branch of state government, in addition to the member described in division (B)(1) of this section, appointed by the governor;
(5) One member who is a representative of the judiciary, who shall be a juvenile court judge appointed by the chief justice of the supreme court;
(6) One member who is a person who represents an organization that advocates for the rights of victims of crime or a delinquent act, appointed by the governor.
(C) The state council for interstate juvenile supervision shall advise and may exercise oversight and advocacy concerning this state's participation in activities of the interstate commission for juveniles, shall develop policy for this state concerning operations and procedures of the interstate compact for juveniles within this state, and shall perform other duties assigned to state councils under that compact.
Available Versions of this Section
- June 30, 2011 – Senate Bill 122 - 129th General Assembly [ View June 30, 2011 Version ]