Section 2151.87 | Prohibiting child from possessing, using, purchasing or receiving tobacco products.
(A) As used in this section:
"Tobacco product" has the same meaning as in section 2927.02 of the Revised Code.
(B) No child shall do any of the following unless accompanied by a parent, spouse, or legal guardian of the child, each of whom shall be twenty-one years of age or older:
(1) Use, consume, or possess tobacco products;
(2) Purchase or attempt to purchase tobacco products;
(3) Order, pay for, or share the cost of tobacco products;
(4) Except as provided in division (E) of this section, accept or receive tobacco products.
(C) No child shall knowingly furnish false information concerning that child's name, age, or other identification for the purpose of obtaining tobacco products.
(D) A juvenile court shall not adjudicate a child a delinquent or unruly child for a violation of this section.
(E)(1) It is not a violation of division (B)(4) of this section for a child to accept or receive tobacco products if the child is required to do so in the performance of the child's duties as an employee of that child's employer and the child's acceptance or receipt of tobacco products occurs exclusively within the scope of the child's employment.
(2) It is not a violation of division (B)(1), (2), (3), or (4) of this section if the child possesses, purchases or attempts to purchase, orders, pays for, shares the cost of, or accepts or receives tobacco products while participating in an inspection or compliance check conducted by a federal, state, local, or corporate entity at a location at which tobacco products are sold or distributed.
(F) If a juvenile court finds that a child violated division (C) of this section, the court may require the child to perform not more than twenty hours of community service.