Skip to main content
Back To Top Top Back To Top
The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation. Updates may be slower during some times of the year, depending on the volume of enacted legislation.

Section 2737.11 | Recovery of property by filing bond or cash deposit.


The respondent may recover property taken pursuant to an order of possession of which the property is the subject by filing with the court a bond to the movant, executed by the respondent's surety in the same amount as the bond filed by the movant pursuant to section 2737.10 of the Revised Code, to the effect that, if judgment is issued against the respondent, the respondent will return the property detained or pay the value assessed, at the election of the movant, and will also pay the damages suffered by the movant as a result of the detention of and any injury to the property, and the costs of the action. If the movant has not filed a bond, the amount of the respondent's bond shall be twice the approximate value of the property as stated in the affidavit filed pursuant to section 2737.03 of the Revised Code. If an order of possession has been issued by the court, the respondent also shall provide the levyng officer with a copy of the bond.

In lieu of the bond, the respondent may deposit with the clerk of the court cash in an amount equal to the approximate value of the property.

If the respondent is indigent, the court may, on motion of the respondent or on its own motion, waive the bond required by this section or set the bond in a lower amount, as fairness requires.

Available Versions of this Section