Section 2911.02 | Robbery.
(A) No person, in attempting or committing a theft offense or in fleeing immediately after the attempt or offense, shall do any of the following:
(1) Have a deadly weapon on or about the offender's person or under the offender's control;
(2) Inflict, attempt to inflict, or threaten to inflict physical harm on another;
(3) Use or threaten the immediate use of force against another.
(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of robbery. A violation of division (A)(1) or (2) of this section is a felony of the second degree. A violation of division (A)(3) of this section is a felony of the third degree.
(C) As used in this section:
(1) "Deadly weapon" has the same meaning as in section 2923.11 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Theft offense" has the same meaning as in section 2913.01 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- July 1, 1996 – Senate Bill 269, 121st General Assembly [ View July 1, 1996 Version ]