Section 2911.11 | Aggravated burglary.
(A) No person, by force, stealth, or deception, shall trespass in an occupied structure or in a separately secured or separately occupied portion of an occupied structure, when another person other than an accomplice of the offender is present, with purpose to commit in the structure or in the separately secured or separately occupied portion of the structure any criminal offense, if any of the following apply:
(1) The offender inflicts, or attempts or threatens to inflict physical harm on another;
(2) The offender has a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance on or about the offender's person or under the offender's control.
(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of aggravated burglary, a felony of the first degree.
(C) As used in this section:
(1) "Occupied structure" has the same meaning as in section 2909.01 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Deadly weapon" and "dangerous ordnance" have the same meanings as in section 2923.11 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- July 1, 1996 – Senate Bill 269, 121st General Assembly [ View July 1, 1996 Version ]