Section 2937.46 | Uniform rules for practice and procedure in traffic cases.
(A) The supreme court of Ohio, in the interest of uniformity of procedure in the various courts and for the purpose of promoting prompt and efficient disposition of cases arising under the traffic laws of this state and related ordinances, may make uniform rules for practice and procedure in courts inferior to the court of common pleas not inconsistent with the provisions of Chapter 2937. of the Revised Code, including, but not limited to:
(1) Separation of arraignment and trial of traffic and other types of cases;
(2) Consolidation of cases for trial;
(3) Transfer of cases within the same county for the purpose of trial;
(4) Designation of special referees for hearings or for receiving pleas or bail at times when courts are not in session;
(5) Fixing of reasonable bonds, and disposition of cases in which bonds have been forfeited.
(B) Except as otherwise specified in division (N) of section 4511.19 of the Revised Code, all of the rules described in division (A) of this section, when promulgated by the supreme court, shall be fully binding on all courts inferior to the court of common pleas and on the court of common pleas in relation to felony violations of division (A) of section 4511.19 of the Revised Code and shall effect a cancellation of any local court rules inconsistent with the supreme court's rules.
Available Versions of this Section
- August 17, 2006 – Senate Bill 8, 126th General Assembly [ View August 17, 2006 Version ]