Section 2950.08 | Authorized inspection of information and records in possession of bureau of criminal identification and investigation.
(A) Subject to division (B) of this section, the statements, information, photographs, fingerprints, and material required by sections 2950.04, 2950.041, 2950.05, and 2950.06 of the Revised Code and provided by a person who registers, who provides notice of a change of residence, school, institution of higher education, or place of employment address and registers the new residence, school, institution of higher education, or place of employment address, or who provides verification of a current residence, school, institution of higher education, or place of employment address pursuant to those sections and that are in the possession of the bureau of criminal identification and investigation and the information in the possession of the bureau that was received by the bureau pursuant to section 2950.14 of the Revised Code shall not be open to inspection by the public or by any person other than the following persons:
(1) A regularly employed peace officer or other law enforcement officer;
(2) An authorized employee of the bureau of criminal identification and investigation for the purpose of providing information to a board, administrator, or person pursuant to division (F) or (G) of section 109.57 of the Revised Code;
(3) The registrar of motor vehicles, or an employee of the registrar of motor vehicles, for the purpose of verifying and updating any of the information so provided, upon the request of the bureau of criminal identification and investigation;
(4) The director of job and family services, or an employee of the director, for the purpose of complying with division (D) of section 5104.013 of the Revised Code.
(B) Division (A) of this section does not apply to any information that is contained in the internet sex offender and child-victim offender database established by the attorney general under division (A)(11) of section 2950.13 of the Revised Code regarding offenders and that is disseminated as described in that division.
Available Versions of this Section
- January 1, 2008 – Senate Bill 10 - 127th General Assembly [ View January 1, 2008 Version ]
- October 17, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 166 - 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]