Section 307.622 | Members of child fatality review board.
(A) The health commissioner of the board of health of a city or a general health district who is appointed under section 307.621 of the Revised Code to establish the child fatality review board shall select six members to serve on the child fatality review board along with the commissioner. The review board shall consist of the following:
(1) A county coroner or designee;
(2) The chief of police of a police department or the sheriff that serves the greatest population in the county or region or a designee of the chief or sheriff;
(3) The executive director of a public children services agency or designee;
(4) A public health official or designee;
(5) The executive director of a board of alcohol, drug addiction, and mental health services or designee;
(6) A physician who holds a license issued pursuant to Chapter 4731. of the Revised Code authorizing the practice of medicine and surgery or osteopathic medicine and surgery, specializes in pediatric or family medicine, and currently practices pediatric or family medicine.
(B) The majority of the members of a review board may invite additional members to serve on the board. The additional members invited under this division shall serve for a period of time determined by a majority of the members described in division (A) of this section. An additional member shall have the same authority, duties, and responsibilities as members described in division (A) of this section.
(C) A vacancy in a child fatality review board shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment.
(D) A child fatality review board member shall not receive any compensation for, and shall not be paid for any expenses incurred pursuant to, fulfilling the member's duties on the board unless compensation for, or payment for expenses incurred pursuant to, those duties is received pursuant to a member's regular employment.