Section 307.863 | Bidding process for franchises.
(A) Notwithstanding section 307.86 of the Revised Code, a board of county commissioners that awards a franchise to a franchisee on behalf of a county transit board pursuant to section 306.04 of the Revised Code to operate a public transit system shall award the franchise through competitive bidding as prescribed in this section. The board shall solicit bids that are not sealed, and shall ensure that all bids the board receives are open for public inspection. The board shall consider all bids that are timely received.
(B) The fact that a bid proposes to be the most beneficial to the county monetarily in and of itself does not confer best bid status on that bid.
(C) In awarding a franchise to a bidder to operate a public transit system, the board may consider all of the following:
(1) The proposed monetary benefit to the county;
(2) The bidder's ownership of, or access to, transportation facilities or transportation equipment such as vehicles, automated transit systems, or any other applicable equipment;
(3) The bidder's experience in operating public transit systems;
(4) If the bidder has experience in operating public transit systems, the record of the bidder in relation to all aspects of operating a public transit system, including cost savings to a political subdivision, gains in efficiency, the safety and security of the traveling public and employees, service to the traveling public, return on any investments made by a political subdivision, and any other aspects the board includes for consideration.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 15, 2014 – House Bill 483 - 130th General Assembly [ View September 15, 2014 Version ]