Section 307.97 | Filing sworn itemized statement of financial transactions.
(A) The circulator of a county charter petition, or his agent, shall, within five days after such petition is filed with the county commissioners, file a sworn itemized statement showing in detail:
(1) All moneys or things of value paid, given, or promised for circulating such petition;
(2) Full names and addresses of all persons to whom such payments or promises were made;
(3) Full names and addresses of all persons who contributed anything of value to be used in circulating such petitions;
(4) Time spent and salaries earned while circulating or soliciting signatures to petitions by persons who were regular salaried employees of some person who authorized them to solicit signatures for or circulate the petition as a part of their regular duties.
(B) The statement required by division (A) of this section is not required from persons who take no other part in circulating a petition other than soliciting signatures to them.
(C) No person shall, directly or indirectly:
(1) Willfully misrepresent the contents of a county charter petition;
(2) Pay or offer to pay any elector anything of value for signing a county charter petition;
(3) Promise to help another person to obtain appointment to any office provided for by the constitution or laws of this state or by the ordinances of any municipal corporation, or to any position or employment in the service of the state or any political subdivision thereof as a consideration for obtaining signatures to a county charter petition;
(4) Obtain signatures to any county charter petition as a consideration for the assistance or promise of assistance of another person in securing an appointment to any office or position provided for by the constitution or laws of this state or by the ordinance of any municipal corporation therein, or employment in the service of the state or any subdivision thereof;
(5) Fail to file the sworn itemized statement required in division (A) of this section;
(6) Accept anything of value for signing a county charter petition;
(7) By intimidation or threats, influence or seek to influence any person to sign or abstain from signing, or to solicit signatures to or abstain from soliciting signatures to a county charter petition.
Available Versions of this Section
- June 29, 1979 – Senate Bill 169, 113th General Assembly [ View June 29, 1979 Version ]