Section 3109.55 | Notice of creation of power of attorney.
(A) A person who creates a power of attorney under section 3109.52 of the Revised Code shall send notice of the creation to the parent of the child who is not the residential parent and legal custodian of the child unless one of the following is the case:
(1) The parent is prohibited from receiving a notice of relocation in accordance with section 3109.051 of the Revised Code.
(2) The parent's parental rights have been terminated by order of a juvenile court pursuant to Chapter 2151. of the Revised Code.
(3) The parent cannot be located with reasonable efforts.
(4) The power of attorney is being created by both parents.
(B) The notice shall be sent by certified mail not later than five days after the power of attorney is created. The notice shall state the name and address of the person designated as the attorney in fact.
Available Versions of this Section
- July 20, 2004 – House Bill 130, 125th General Assembly [ View July 20, 2004 Version ]