Section 3115.710 | Foreign support agreement.
(A) Except as otherwise provided in divisions (C) and (D) of this section, a court of this state shall recognize and enforce a foreign support agreement registered in this state.
(B) An application or direct request for recognition and enforcement of a foreign support agreement must be accompanied by both of the following:
(1) A complete text of the foreign support agreement;
(2) A record stating that the foreign support agreement is enforceable as an order of support in the issuing country.
(C) A court of this state may vacate the registration of a foreign support agreement only if, acting on its own motion, the court finds that recognition and enforcement would be manifestly incompatible with public policy.
(D) In a contest of a foreign support agreement, a court of this state may refuse recognition and enforcement of the agreement if it finds any of the following:
(1) Recognition and enforcement of the agreement is manifestly incompatible with public policy.
(2) The agreement was obtained by fraud or falsification.
(3) The agreement is incompatible with a support order involving the same parties and having the same purpose in this state, another state, or a foreign country if the support order is entitled to recognition and enforcement under this chapter in this state.
(4) The record submitted under division (B) of this section lacks authenticity or integrity.
(E) A proceeding for recognition and enforcement of a foreign support agreement must be suspended during the pendency of a challenge to or appeal of the agreement before a tribunal of another state or a foreign country.
Available Versions of this Section
- January 1, 2016 – House Bill 64, 131st General Assembly [ View January 1, 2016 Version ]