Section 3125.41 | Access to information for enforcement purposes.
(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Cable television service" has the same meaning as in section 2913.01 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Public utility" means a person or entity, including an entity owned or operated by a municipal corporation or other government entity, that is described in section 4905.03 of the Revised Code as a telephone company, electric light company, gas company, natural gas company, water-works company, heating or cooling company, or sewage disposal system company, or that is providing cable television service.
(B) Except as provided in section 3125.43 of the Revised Code, the office of child support shall have access to all of the following unless release of the information is prohibited by federal or state law:
(1) Any information in the possession of any officer or entity of the state or any political subdivision of the state that would aid the office in locating an absent parent or child pursuant to section 3125.06 of the Revised Code;
(2) Any information concerning the employment, compensation, and benefits of any obligor or obligee subject to a support order in the possession of any person;
(3) The name and address of any obligor or obligee subject to a support order and the obligor's or obligee's employer in the customer records of a public utility.
Available Versions of this Section
- June 11, 2012 – House Bill 487 - 129th General Assembly [ View June 11, 2012 Version ]