Section 3127.45 | Actions to locate, obtain return of child, or enforce custody determination.
(A) In a case arising under this chapter or involving the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects in International Child Abduction, the prosecutor may take any lawful action, including resort to a proceeding under sections 3127.31 to 3127.47 of the Revised Code or any other available civil proceeding, to locate a child, obtain the return of a child, or enforce a child custody determination if there is any of the following:
(1) An existing child custody determination;
(2) A request to locate a child, obtain the return of a child, or enforce a child custody determination from a court in a pending child custody proceeding;
(3) A reasonable belief that a criminal statute has been violated;
(4) A reasonable belief that the child has been wrongfully removed or retained in violation of the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.
(B) A prosecutor acting under this section acts on behalf of the court and may not represent any party.
Available Versions of this Section
- April 11, 2005 – Senate Bill 185, 125th General Assembly [ View April 11, 2005 Version ]