Section 3307.631 | Annual amount of disability allowance.
(A) A member participating in the STRS defined benefit plan who has disability coverage under this section and is determined by the state teachers retirement board under section 3307.62 of the Revised Code to qualify for a disability benefit shall receive a disability allowance under this section. The allowance shall be an annual amount equal to the greater of the following:
(1) Forty-five per cent of the member's final average salary;
(2) The member's total service credit multiplied by two and two-tenths per cent of the member's final average salary, not exceeding sixty per cent of the member's final average salary.
(B) Sufficient reserves for payment of the disability allowance shall be transferred to the annuity and pension reserve fund from the employers' trust fund. The accumulated contributions of the member shall remain in the teachers' savings fund. No part of the allowance paid under this section shall be charged against the member's accumulated contributions.
(C) A disability allowance paid under this section shall terminate at the earliest of the following:
(2) The date the allowance is terminated under section 3307.48 of the Revised Code;
(3) The later of the last day of the month in which the recipient attains age sixty-five, or the last day of the month in which the benefit period ends as follows:
|Attained Age at Effective Date|
|of Disability Allowance||Benefit Period|
|60 or 61||60 months|
|62 or 63||48 months|
|64 or 65||36 months|
|66, 67, or 68||24 months|
|69 or older||12 months|
Available Versions of this Section
- January 7, 2013 – Senate Bill 342, 129th General Assembly [ View January 7, 2013 Version ]