Section 3310.08 | Amount paid for eligible student - periodic payments - deductions.
(A) As used in this section, "tuition discount" means any deduction from the base tuition amount per student charged by the school, to which the student's family is entitled due to one or more of the following conditions:
(1) The student's family has multiple children enrolled in the same school.
(2) The student's family is a member of or affiliated with a religious or secular organization that provides oversight of the school or from which the school has agreed to enroll students.
(3) The student's parent is an employee of the school.
(4) Some other qualification not based on the income of the student's family or the student's athletic or academic ability and for which all students in the school may qualify.
(B) The amount paid for an eligible student under the educational choice scholarship pilot program and the expansion of the program under section 3310.032 of the Revised Code shall be the lesser of the following:
(1) The base tuition of the chartered nonpublic school in which the student is enrolled minus the total amount of any applicable tuition discounts for which the student qualifies;
(2) The maximum amount prescribed in section 3310.09 of the Revised Code.
(C)(1) The department of education shall pay to the parent of each eligible student for whom a scholarship is awarded under the program, or to the student if at least eighteen years of age, periodic partial payments of the scholarship.
(2) The department shall proportionately reduce or terminate the payments for any student who withdraws from a chartered nonpublic school prior to the end of the school year.
(D)(1) The department shall deduct from the payments made to each school district under Chapter 3317., and if necessary, sections 321.24 and 323.156 of the Revised Code, the amount paid under division (C) of this section for each eligible student who qualifies for a scholarship under section 3310.03 of the Revised Code and who is entitled under section 3313.64 or 3313.65 of the Revised Code to attend school in the district. In the case of a student entitled to attend school in a school district under division (B)(2)(a) of section 3313.64 or division (C) of section 3313.65 of the Revised Code, the department shall deduct the payments from the school district in whose formula ADM the student is included, as that term is defined in section 3317.02 of the Revised Code.
(2) If the department reduces or terminates payments to a parent or a student, as prescribed in division (C)(2) of this section, and the student enrolls in the schools of the student's resident district or in a community school, established under Chapter 3314. of the Revised Code, before the end of the school year, the department shall proportionally restore to the resident district the amount deducted for that student under division (D)(1) of this section.