Section 3310.16 | Application periods for the educational choice scholarship pilot program.
(A) For the 2020-2021 school year and each school year thereafter, the department of education shall accept, process, and award scholarships each year for the educational choice scholarship pilot program under sections 3310.03 and 3310.032 of the Revised Code, as follows:
(1) The application period shall open on the first day of February prior to the first day of July of the school year for which a scholarship is sought. Not later than forty-five days after an applicant submits to the department of education a completed application, the department of education shall determine whether that applicant is eligible for a scholarship and notify the applicant whether or not the applicant is eligible. The department of education shall award a scholarship to each student with an approved application. However, for any application submitted after the beginning of the school year, the department of education shall prorate the amount of the awarded scholarship based on how much of the school year remains.
(2) In each school year, the department of education shall accept applications for conditional approval of a scholarship sought for that year or the next school year. Not later than five days after receiving an application under this division, the department of education shall grant conditional approval to an applicant who is eligible for a scholarship and notify the applicant whether or not conditional approval is granted.
(B) If the department determines an application submitted under this section contains an error or deficiency, the department shall notify the applicant who submitted that application not later than fourteen days after the application is submitted.
(C) The departments of education, job and family services, and taxation shall enter into a data sharing agreement so that, in administering this section, the department of education shall be able to determine, based on the address provided in a student's application, whether that student is eligible for an educational choice scholarship under section 3310.03 of the Revised Code and whether the student meets the residency requirements for an educational choice scholarship under section 3310.032 of the Revised Code.
(D) No city, local, or exempted village school district shall have access to an application submitted under this section.
Last updated August 13, 2021 at 11:17 AM
Available Versions of this Section
- March 22, 2013 – House Bill 555, 129th General Assembly [ View March 22, 2013 Version ]
- September 29, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 49, 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]
- October 17, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 166, 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]
- September 30, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 110, 134th General Assembly [ View September 30, 2021 Version ]