Section 3312.07 | Selection of fiscal agent for region.
(A) Not later than January 31, 2007, the department of education shall select a school district or educational service center in each region of the educational regional service system to be the fiscal agent for the region. For this purpose, the department shall issue a request for proposals from districts and service centers interested in being a fiscal agent. The department shall select each fiscal agent based upon the following criteria:
(1) Capability to serve as a fiscal agent as demonstrated by a satisfactory audit record and prior experience serving as a fiscal agent;
(2) Adequate capacity in terms of facilities, personnel, and other relevant resources;
(3) Evidence that the school district's or educational service center's role as a fiscal agent would result in minimal disruption to its responsibilities as a district or service center;
(4) Demonstrated intent to limit the aggregate fees for administering a performance contract entered into under section 3312.08 of the Revised Code to not more than seven per cent of the value of the contract.
(B) If no school district or educational service center in a region responds to the request for proposals issued by the department, the department shall select a district or service center in the region that meets the criteria in division (A) of this section to be the fiscal agent for the region.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 28, 2006 – House Bill 115, 126th General Assembly [ View September 28, 2006 Version ]