Section 3313.6112 | OhioMeansJobs-readiness seal.
(A) The superintendent of public instruction, in consultation with the chancellor of higher education and the governor's office of workforce transformation, shall establish the OhioMeansJobs-readiness seal, which may be attached or affixed to the high school diploma and transcript of a student enrolled in a public or chartered nonpublic school.
(B) A school district, community school established under Chapter 3314. of the Revised Code, STEM school established under Chapter 3326. of the Revised Code, college-preparatory boarding school established under Chapter 3328. of the Revised Code, or chartered nonpublic school shall attach or affix the OhioMeansJobs-readiness seal to the diploma and transcript of a student enrolled in the school who meets the requirements prescribed under division (C)(1) of this section.
(C) The state superintendent, in consultation with the chancellor and the governor's office of workforce transformation, shall do the following:
(1) Establish the requirements and criteria for earning an OhioMeansJobs-readiness seal, including demonstration of work-readiness and work ethic competencies such as teamwork, problem-solving, reliability, punctuality, and computer technology competency;
(2) Develop a standardized form for students to complete and have validated prior to graduation by at least three individuals, each of whom must be an employer, teacher, business mentor, community leader, faith-based leader, school leader, or coach of the student;
(3) Prepare and deliver to all school districts, community schools, STEM schools, college-preparatory boarding schools, and chartered nonpublic schools an appropriate mechanism for assigning an OhioMeansJobs-readiness seal on a student's diploma and transcript indicating that the student has been assigned the seal;
(4) Provide any other information the state superintendent considers necessary for school districts, community schools, STEM schools, college-preparatory boarding schools, and chartered nonpublic schools to assign an OhioMeansJobs-readiness seal.
(D) A student shall not be charged a fee to be assigned an OhioMeansJobs-readiness seal on the student's diploma and transcript.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2017 – Enacted by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]