Section 3313.6113 | Committee to develop a list of industry-recognized credentials and licenses.
(A) The superintendent of public instruction, in collaboration with the governor's office of workforce transformation and representatives of business organizations, shall establish a committee to develop a list of industry-recognized credentials and licenses that may be used to qualify for a high school diploma under division (A)(3) of section 3313.618 of the Revised Code and shall be used for state report card purposes under section 3302.03 of the Revised Code. The state superintendent shall appoint the members of the committee not later than January 1, 2018.
(B) The committee shall do the following:
(1) Establish criteria for acceptable industry-recognized credentials and licenses aligned with the in-demand jobs list published by the department of job and family services;
(2) Review the list of industry-recognized credentials and licenses that was in existence on January 1, 2018, and update the list as it considers necessary;
(3) Review and update the list of industry-recognized credentials and licenses at least biennially.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2017 – Enacted by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]
- September 30, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 110, House Bill 82 - 134th General Assembly [ View September 30, 2021 Version ]
- March 23, 2022 – Amended by Senate Bill 166, House Bill 110, House Bill 82 - 134th General Assembly [ View March 23, 2022 Version ]