Section 3313.67 | Immunization of pupils - immunization record - annual summary.
(A)(1) Except as provided in division (A)(2) of this section, the board of education of each city, exempted village, or local school district may make and enforce such rules to secure the immunization of, and to prevent the spread of communicable diseases among the pupils attending or eligible to attend the schools of the district, as in its opinion the safety and interest of the public require.
(2) A board of education shall not adopt rules under division (A)(1) of this section that are inconsistent with divisions (B) and (C) of section 3313.671 of the Revised Code.
(B) Boards of health, legislative authorities of municipal corporations, and boards of township trustees, on application of the board of education of the district, at the public expense, without delay, shall provide the means of immunization to pupils who are not so provided by their parents or guardians.
(C) The board of education shall keep an immunization record for each pupil, available in writing to the pupil's parent or guardian upon request, which shall include:
(1) Immunizations against the diseases mentioned in division (A) of section 3313.671 of the Revised Code;
(2) Any tuberculin tests given pursuant to section 3313.71 of the Revised Code;
(3) Any other immunizations required by the board pursuant to division (A) of this section.
(D) Annually by the fifteenth day of October, the board shall report a summary, by school, of the immunization records of all initial entry pupils in the district to the director of health, on forms prescribed by the director.
Available Versions of this Section
- May 6, 2005 – House Bill 463, 125th General Assembly [ View May 6, 2005 Version ]