Section 3313.82 | Business advisory councils.
(A) Subject to division (D) of this section, the board of education of each school district and the governing board of each educational service center shall appoint a business advisory council, except that a school district that has entered into an agreement under section 3313.843 or 3313.845 of the Revised Code to receive any services from an educational service center is not required to appoint a council if the school district and educational service center agree that the educational service center's council will represent the business of the district.
(B) The council shall advise and provide recommendations to the board on matters specified by the board including, but not necessarily limited to, all of the following:
(1) The delineation of employment skills and the development of curriculum to instill these skills;
(2) Changes in the economy and in the job market, and the types of employment in which future jobs are most likely to be available;
(3) Suggestions for developing a working relationship among businesses, labor organizations, and educational personnel.
(C) Each board shall determine the membership and organization of its council.
(D) A school district shall not be required to appoint a council under division (A) of this section if the school district has entered into an agreement with the business advisory committee of a joint vocational school district that allows the business advisory committee to represent the business of the school district in accordance with this section.
(E) Notwithstanding division (D) of section 3311.19 and division (D) of section 3311.52 of the Revised Code, this section shall not apply to the board of education of any joint vocational school district or any cooperative education school district created pursuant to divisions (A) to (C) of section 3311.52 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2013 – House Bill 59 - 130th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2013 Version ]
- March 2, 2021 – Amended by Senate Bill 89 - 133rd General Assembly [ View March 2, 2021 Version ]