Section 3316.16 | Criteria for termination of commission.
(A) A school district financial planning and supervision commission, with respect to its functions under this chapter, shall continue in existence until such time as a determination is made under division (B) of this section that all of the following have occurred:
(1) An effective financial accounting and reporting system in accordance with section 3316.10 of the Revised Code is in the process of being implemented, and it is reasonably expected that this implementation will be completed within two years.
(2) All of the fiscal emergency conditions determined pursuant to division (B) of section 3316.03 of the Revised Code have been corrected or eliminated, and no new fiscal emergency conditions have occurred.
(3) The objectives of the financial recovery plan described in section 3316.06 of the Revised Code are being met.
(4) The school district board has prepared a financial forecast for a five-year period in accordance with the standards issued by the auditor of state and an opinion has been rendered by the auditor of state that the financial forecast is considered to be nonadverse. The forecast shall display the district's projected compliance with section 3315.18 of the Revised Code beginning in the year the commission is proposed for termination.
(B) The determination that all conditions listed in division (A) of this section for the termination of the existence of the commission and its functions exist may be made either by the auditor of state or by the commission and shall be certified to the commission, the auditor of state, the governor, the director of budget and management, and the budget commission, whereupon such commission and its functions under this chapter shall terminate. This determination shall be made by the auditor of state upon the filing with the auditor of state of a written request for such a determination by the school district board, the governor, or the commission, or may be made by the auditor of state upon the auditor of state's own initiative.
(C) The commission shall prepare and submit at the time of such certification a final report of its activities, in such form as is appropriate for the purpose of providing a record of its activities and assisting other commissions created under this chapter in the conduct of their functions. All of the books and records of the commission shall be delivered to the auditor of state for retention and safekeeping.
(D) Upon receipt of the certification provided for in division (B) of this section, the director of budget and management shall follow the procedures set forth in section 126.29 of the Revised Code.
(E) If, at the time of termination of the commission, an effective financial accounting and reporting system has not been fully implemented, the auditor of state shall monitor the progress of implementation and shall exercise authority under this section and Chapter 117. of the Revised Code to secure full implementation at the earliest time feasible but within two years after such termination.
Available Versions of this Section
- July 1, 2011 – House Bill 30 - 129th General Assembly [ View July 1, 2011 Version ]