Section 3316.19 | Prohibited acts during fiscal emergency.
(A) During a fiscal emergency period for a school district, no school board member, officer, or employee of the school district shall do any of the following:
(1) Knowingly enter into any contract, financial obligation, or other liability of the school district involving an expenditure, or make any expenditure in excess of the amount permitted by the commission pursuant to this chapter;
(2) Knowingly enter into any contract, financial obligation, or other liability of the school district, or knowingly execute or deliver debt obligations, or transfer, advance, or borrow moneys from one fund of the school district to or for any other fund of the school district where any of such actions are required to be approved by the school district financial planning and supervision commission unless such actions have been so approved as provided in or pursuant to this chapter;
(3) Knowingly fail or refuse to take any of the actions required by this chapter for the preparation or amendment of the financial recovery plan, or knowingly prepare, present, or certify any information or report for the commission or any of its employees, advisory committees, task forces, or agents that is false or misleading or that is recklessly prepared or presented without due care for its accuracy, or, upon learning that any such information is false or misleading, or was recklessly prepared or presented, knowingly fail promptly to advise the commission, or the employee, advisory committee, task force, or agent to whom such information was given, of that fact;
(4) Knowingly use or cause to be used moneys of a fund for purposes other than the lawful purposes of the fund, or knowingly use or cause to be used moneys of a fund created for the payment of principal and interest on debt obligations, or a bond retirement fund, or sinking fund for other than the payment of the principal of and interest on debt obligations or other authorized costs or payments from such funds, or knowingly fail to perform the duty of such officer or employee to cause the prompt deposit of moneys to any fund.
(B) The prohibitions set forth in division (A) of this section are in addition to any other prohibitions provided by law for a school district officer or employee.
(C) In addition to any other penalty or liability provided by law for a school district board member, officer, or employee, a violation of division (A)(1), (2), (3), or (4) of this section is a misdemeanor of the second degree. Upon conviction of any officer or employee of a school district for any violation under division (A)(1), (2), (3), or (4) of this section, such officer or employee shall forfeit office or employment.
Available Versions of this Section
- June 20, 1996 – Senate Bill 310, 121st General Assembly [ View June 20, 1996 Version ]