Section 3318.351 | School building emergency assistance program.
(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Classroom facilities" has the same meaning as in section 3318.01 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Emergency project" means reconstruction or renovation of or repair to any classroom facilities made necessary because of damage due to an act of God.
(3) "Eligible school district" means any school district in the first through one-hundredth percentiles as determined under section 3318.011 of the Revised Code.
(B)(1) There is hereby established the school building emergency assistance program, under which the Ohio school facilities commission shall distribute grants to eligible school districts from moneys specifically appropriated by the general assembly for the purposes of this section to assist in emergency projects. Any assistance under this section shall be used to pay the cost of only the portion of an emergency project that is not covered by insurance or other public or private emergency assistance received by or payable to the school district. Any damage to classroom facilities caused by age of the facilities or by lack of timely maintenance to the facilities shall not constitute damage that is subject to assistance under this section.
(2) The commission shall establish procedures and deadlines for eligible school districts to follow in applying for assistance under this section. The commission shall consider such applications on a case-by-case basis taking into account the amount of moneys available under this section.
(3) Every effort shall be made to conform an emergency project to design specifications adopted by the commission, including minimum capacity requirements adopted under section 3318.03 of the Revised Code, unless in the judgment of the commission it is not possible to conform the project to such specifications.