Section 3318.42 | Selecting districts for assistance.
(A) Not later than the sixty-first day after March 14, 2003, and subsequently not later than the sixty-first day after the first day of each ensuing fiscal year, the department of education shall do all of the following:
(1) Calculate the valuation per pupil of each joint vocational school district according to the following formula:
The school district's average taxable value divided by the school district's formula ADM calculated under section 3317.03 of the Revised Code for the previous fiscal year. For purposes of this calculation:
(a) "Average taxable value" means the average of the amounts certified for a school district in the second, third, and fourth preceding tax years under divisions (A)(1) and (2) of section 3317.021 of the Revised Code.
(b) "Formula ADM" has the same meaning as defined in section 3317.02 of the Revised Code.
(2) Calculate for each school district the three-year average of the valuations per pupil calculated for the school district for the current and two preceding fiscal years;
(3) Rank all joint vocational school districts in order from the school district with the lowest three-year average valuation per pupil to the school district with the highest three-year average valuation per pupil;
(4) Divide the ranking under division (A)(3) of this section into percentiles with the first percentile containing the one per cent of school districts having the lowest three-year average valuations per pupil and the one-hundredth percentile containing the one per cent of school districts having the highest three-year average valuations per pupil;
(5) Certify the information described in divisions (A)(1) to (4) of this section to the Ohio facilities construction commission.
(B) The commission annually shall select school districts for assistance under sections 3318.40 to 3318.45 of the Revised Code in the order of the school districts' three-year average valuations per pupil such that the school district with the lowest three-year average valuation per pupil shall be given the highest priority for assistance.
(C) Each joint vocational school district's portion of the basic project cost of the school district's project under sections 3318.40 to 3318.45 of the Revised Code shall be one per cent times the percentile in which the district ranks, except that no school district's portion shall be less than twenty-five per cent or greater than ninety-five per cent of the basic project cost.