Section 3319.36 | Requirements for payment of teacher for services.
(A) No treasurer of a board of education or educational service center shall draw a check for the payment of a teacher for services until the teacher files with the treasurer both of the following:
(1) Such reports as are required by the state board of education, the school district board of education, or the superintendent of schools;
(2) Except for a teacher who is engaged pursuant to section 3319.301 of the Revised Code, a written statement from the city, exempted village, or local school district superintendent or the educational service center superintendent that the teacher has filed with the treasurer a legal educator license, or true copy of it, to teach the subjects or grades taught, with the dates of its validity. The state board of education shall prescribe the record and administration for such filing of educator licenses in educational service centers.
(B) Notwithstanding division (A) of this section, the treasurer may pay any of the following:
(1) Any teacher for services rendered during the first two months of the teacher's initial employment with the school district or educational service center, provided such teacher is the holder of a bachelor's degree or higher and has filed with the state board of education an application for the issuance of an educator license described in division (A)(1) of section 3319.22 of the Revised Code.
(2) Any substitute teacher for services rendered while conditionally employed under section 3319.101 of the Revised Code.
(3) Any employee for services rendered under division (F) of section 3319.088 of the Revised Code.
(C) Upon notice to the treasurer given by the state board of education or any superintendent having jurisdiction that reports required of a teacher have not been made, the treasurer shall withhold the salary of the teacher until the required reports are completed and furnished.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 16, 2009 – House Bill 1, 128th General Assembly [ View October 16, 2009 Version ]
- September 29, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 49, 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]
- June 29, 2018 – Amended by House Bill 98, 132nd General Assembly [ View June 29, 2018 Version ]
- March 20, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 491, 132nd General Assembly [ View March 20, 2019 Version ]