Section 3333.041 | Submitting annual report on number of graduates of Ohio school districts at state institutions of higher education, percentage needing remedial courses, and other information to governor and general assembly.
(A) On or before the last day of December of each year, the chancellor of higher education shall submit to the governor and, in accordance with section 101.68 of the Revised Code, the general assembly a report or reports concerning all of the following:
(1) The status of graduates of Ohio school districts at state institutions of higher education during the twelve-month period ending on the thirtieth day of September of the current calendar year. The report shall list, by school district, the number of graduates of each school district who attended a state institution of higher education and the percentage of each district's graduates enrolled in a state institution of higher education during the reporting period who were required during such period by the college or university, as a prerequisite to enrolling in those courses generally required for first-year students, to enroll in a remedial course in English, including composition or reading, mathematics, and any other area designated by the chancellor. The chancellor also shall make the information described in division (A)(1) of this section available to the board of education of each city, exempted village, and local school district.
Each state institution of higher education shall, by the first day of November of each year, submit to the chancellor in the form specified by the chancellor the information the chancellor requires to compile the report.
(2) The following information with respect to the Ohio tuition trust authority:
(a) The name of each investment manager that is a minority business enterprise or a women's business enterprise with which the chancellor contracts;
(b) The amount of assets managed by investment managers that are minority business enterprises or women's business enterprises, expressed as a percentage of assets managed by investment managers with which the chancellor has contracted;
(c) Efforts by the chancellor to increase utilization of investment managers that are minority business enterprises or women's business enterprises.
(3) The chancellor's strategy in assigning choose Ohio first scholarships, as established under section 3333.61 of the Revised Code, among state universities and colleges and how the actual awards fit that strategy.
(4) The academic and economic impact of the Ohio co-op/internship program established under section 3333.72 of the Revised Code. At a minimum, the report shall include the following:
(a) Progress and performance metrics for each initiative that received an award in the previous fiscal year;
(b) Economic indicators of the impact of each initiative, and all initiatives as a whole, on the regional economies and the statewide economy;
(c) The chancellor's strategy in allocating awards among state institutions of higher education and how the actual awards fit that strategy.
(B) On or before the fifteenth day of February of each year, the director shall submit to the governor and, in accordance with section 101.68 of the Revised Code, the general assembly a report concerning aggregate academic growth data for students assigned to graduates of teacher preparation programs approved under section 3333.048 of the Revised Code who teach English language arts or mathematics in any of grades four to eight in a public school in Ohio. For this purpose, the director shall use the value-added progress dimension prescribed by section 3302.021 of the Revised Code or the alternative student academic progress measure if adopted under division (C)(1)(e) of section 3302.03 of the Revised Code. The director shall aggregate the data by graduating class for each approved teacher preparation program, except that if a particular class has ten or fewer graduates to which this division applies, the director shall report the data for a group of classes over a three-year period. In no case shall the report identify any individual graduate. The department of education shall share any data necessary for the report with the director.
(C) As used in this section:
(1) "Minority business enterprise" has the same meaning as in section 122.71 of the Revised Code.
(2) "State institution of higher education" and "state university" have the same meanings as in section 3345.011 of the Revised Code.
(3) "State university or college" has the same meaning as in section 3345.12 of the Revised Code.
(4) "Women's business enterprise" means a business, or a partnership, corporation, limited liability company, or joint venture of any kind, that is owned and controlled by women who are United States citizens and residents of this state.