Section 3333.0414 | Opioid and other substance abuse prevention instruction.
(A) In accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, the chancellor of higher education shall adopt rules that require education preparation programs approved under section 3333.048 of the Revised Code to include instruction in opioid and other substance abuse prevention. The instruction shall be for all educator and other school personnel preparation programs for all content areas and grade levels.
(B) Instruction shall include all of the following:
(1) Information on the magnitude of opioid and other substance abuse;
(2) The role educators and other school personnel can play in educating students about the adverse effects of opioid and other substance abuse;
(3) Resources available to teach students about the consequences of opioid and substance abuse;
(4) Resources available to help fight and treat opioid abuse.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2017 – Enacted by House Bill 49, 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]