Section 3333.10 | Granting aid to nonprofit medical, osteopathic and dental schools.
(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Qualified institution of higher education" or "institution" means a nonprofit educational institution, holding an effective certificate of authorization issued under section 1713.02 of the Revised Code, operating in the state an eligible program, and admitting students without discrimination by reason of race, creed, color, or national origin.
(2) "School of dentistry" means an accredited dental college as defined under section 4715.10 of the Revised Code.
(3) "Eligible program" means a medical school accredited by the liaison committee on medical education or an osteopathic medical school accredited by the American osteopathic association, or such a school together with a school of dentistry.
(B) In order to provide better for the public health and the necessary enhancement of instruction in medicine and dentistry in the state, and to encourage the means of such instruction with the least economic cost to the people of the state, the chancellor of the Ohio board of regents may enter into agreements with qualified institutions of higher education providing for the continued operation by the institution of eligible programs, conditioned upon continued payments by the state to such institution for the purposes of such eligible programs of amounts determined in the manner provided for the state subsidy from time to time afforded to state universities on the basis of comparable programs. Before entering into such agreement, the chancellor shall determine that the institution is a qualified institution of higher education as defined in division (A) of this section, and that the operation of such eligible programs as provided for in such agreement and such payments will contribute to the objectives stated in this section and to the objectives of the master plan of higher education formulated under section 3333.04 of the Revised Code.
(C) Agreements under this section shall contain provisions to the effect that:
(1) The institution shall submit to the chancellor accountings for the expenditure of state payments in the manner and at the times as are requested for state-assisted institutions of higher education pursuant to division (A) of section 3333.07 of the Revised Code.
(2) The institution shall notify the chancellor in the manner provided for state-assisted institutions under division (D) of section 3333.07 of the Revised Code with regard to program recommendations by the chancellor in the nature of those provided for in divisions (F) and (G) of section 3333.04 of the Revised Code.
(3) The agreement shall terminate if the institution ceases to be a qualified institution of higher education as determined by the chancellor in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
(D) Agreements under this section may make further provision for any one or more of the following as the parties determine:
(1) The duration of any such agreement, or additional provision for terminating the agreement;
(2) Additional conditions for the effectiveness or continued effectiveness of such agreement;
(3) Procedures for the amendment or supplementation of the agreement, including designation of the parties to approve or execute such amendments or supplements;
(4) Such other provisions as may be deemed necessary or appropriate.
(E) In case any provision or part of this section or any provision, agreement, covenant, stipulation, obligation, act or action, or part thereof, made, assumed, or taken under or pursuant to this section, or any application thereof, is for any reason held to be illegal or invalid, such illegality or invalidity shall not affect the remainder thereof or any other provision of this section or any other provision, agreement, covenant, stipulation, obligation, action, or part thereof, made, assumed, or taken under or pursuant to this section, which shall be construed and enforced as if such illegal or invalid portion were not contained therein, nor shall such illegality or invalidity of any application thereof affect any legal and valid application thereof, and each such provision, agreement, covenant, stipulation, obligation, act, or action, or part thereof, shall be deemed to be effective, operative, made, done, or entered into in the manner and to the full extent permitted by law to accomplish most nearly the intention thereof.
(F) No agreement shall be entered into under this section with any institution which is not in compliance with section 3333.11 of the Revised Code.