Section 3333.41 | Members of midwestern higher education commission.
(A) As provided in Article II, paragraph (B) of the midwestern higher education compact in section 3333.40 of the Revised Code:
(1) The governor, or a person he designates, shall serve as a member of the midwestern higher education commission during the tenure in office of the governor.
(2) The president of the senate shall appoint one member of the senate to the midwestern higher education commission to serve a two-year term.
(3) The speaker of the house of representatives shall appoint one member of the house of representatives to the midwestern higher education commission to serve a two-year term.
(4) The governor, with the advice and consent of the senate, shall appoint two at-large members from this state to the midwestern higher education commission. At least one of these members shall be from the field of higher education. Of the two at-large members initially appointed, the governor shall appoint one for a two-year term and the other for a four-year term. All succeeding at-large members shall serve four-year terms.
Each member appointed from this state to the midwestern higher education commission shall serve from the date of his appointment until the end of the term for which he was appointed. Any vacancy in the members appointed from this state shall be filled in the manner provided by this section for the original appointments. Any member filling a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of the term for which his predecessor was appointed shall serve for the remainder of that term. A member shall continue to serve subsequent to the expiration date of his term until the date on which his successor is appointed or, in the case of the governor, takes office.
(B) As used in Article V, paragraph (D) of the midwestern higher education compact in section 3333.40 of the Revised Code, "duly authorized representative" for this state means the auditor of state or a person designated by him to make the inspection described in that article and paragraph of the compact.
Available Versions of this Section
- April 10, 1991 – Senate Bill 394, 118th General Assembly [ View April 10, 1991 Version ]