Section 3333.79 | Program minority outreach activities.
(A) As used in this section, "minority" has the same meaning as in section 184.17 of the Revised Code. The term also includes an individual who is economically disadvantaged.
(B) The chancellor of higher education shall conduct outreach activities in Ohio that seek to include minorities in the Ohio co-op/internship program established under section 3333.72 of the Revised Code. The outreach activities shall include the following, when appropriate:
(1) Identifying and partnering with historically black colleges and universities;
(2) Working with all institutions of higher education in the state to support minority faculty and students involved in cooperative and intern programs;
(3) Developing a plan to contact by telephone minorities and other economically disadvantaged individuals to notify them of opportunities to participate in the co-op/internship program;
(4) Identifying minority professional and trade associations and economic development assistance organizations and notifying them of the co-op/internship program;
(5) Partnering with regional technology councils to foster local efforts to support minority participation in the co-op/internship program.
(C) To the extent possible, outreach activities described in this section shall be conducted in conjunction with the EDGE program created in section 123.152 of the Revised Code.