Section 3345.0214 | Reports.
(A) Within one hundred eighty days after the effective date of this section, and in a manner that complies with the "Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974," 88 Stat. 571, 20 U.S.C. 1232g, each state institution of higher education shall submit to the governor, speaker of the house of representatives, and president of the senate a report detailing its course of action in accordance with sections 3345.0212 and 3345.0213 of the Revised Code. The report shall contain the following information:
(1) A description of any barriers to or incidents of disruption of free expression occurring on campus, including attempts to block or prohibit speakers and any investigation of students or student groups on the basis of expression. The description also shall include the nature of each barrier or incident and the disciplinary action, if any, taken against members of the campus community determined to be responsible for the barriers or incidents;
(2) Any other information the state institution of higher education finds necessary and appropriate for the public to evaluate whether the free expression rights for members of the campus community have been adequately protected.
(B) Each state institution of higher education shall publish the report prescribed by this division on its web site. The report must:
(1) Be accessible from the main page of an institution's web site by use of not more than three links;
(2) Be word-searchable; and
(3) Be accessible to the public without requiring user registration of any kind.
(C) Within thirty days after an action is brought against a state institution of higher education for an alleged violation of expression rights, the institution shall submit a supplementary report, containing the information described in division (A) of this section and a copy of the complaint.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 24, 2021 – Enacted by Senate Bill 40 - 133rd General Assembly [ View March 24, 2021 Version ]