Skip to main content
Back To Top Top Back To Top
The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation. Updates may be slower during some times of the year, depending on the volume of enacted legislation.

Section 3345.18 | Grant or transfer of lands by boards of trustees.


The boards of trustees of the state universities, or other university or college created by the general assembly, may upon such consideration, terms, and conditions as are approved by them, grant to any municipal corporation or county, or transfer to the director of transportation, the right to use in perpetuity or for such period of time as such board shall specify, any lands owned by any such university or college or any lands of the state under its supervision or control, for any street, road, or highway purpose which may include, or be limited to, areas or space on, above, or below the surface. Such grant or transfer may be subject to a reserved right of any such board of trustees, their successors and assigns, to use, improve, and permit the use and improvement of, such lands for buildings, structures, and other uses and purposes as shall not interfere with the use granted for streets, road, or highway purposes. Such grant or transfer shall be authorized by resolution of the board of trustees and such grant shall be executed in the same form and manner as is provided for by section 5301.13 of the Revised Code and shall be recorded in the records of deeds of the county or counties in which such lands are situated.

Available Versions of this Section