Section 3381.04 | District created in county containing city with population of 500,000 or more.
(A) In lieu of the procedure set forth in section 3381.03 of the Revised Code, any county with a population of five hundred thousand or more, at any time before the creation of a regional arts and cultural district under that section, may create a regional arts and cultural district by adoption of a resolution by the board of county commissioners of that county. The resolution shall state all of the following:
(1) The purposes for the creation of the district;
(2) That the territory of the district shall be coextensive with the territory of the county;
(3) The official name by which the district shall be known;
(4) The location of the principal office of the district or the manner in which the location shall be selected.
(B) The district provided for in the resolution shall be created upon the adoption of the resolution by the board of county commissioners of that county. Upon the adoption of the resolution, the county and the municipal corporations and townships contained in the county shall not thereafter be a part of any other regional arts and cultural district.
(C) The board of trustees of any regional arts and cultural district formed in accordance with this section shall be comprised of five members appointed by the board of county commissioners.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2007 – House Bill 119 - 127th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2007 Version ]