Section 340.011 | Interpretation and construction.
(A) This chapter shall be interpreted to accomplish all of the following:
(1) Establish a unified system of treatment for mentally ill persons and persons with addictions;
(2) Establish a community support system available for every alcohol, drug addiction, and mental health service district;
(3) Protect the personal liberty of mentally ill persons so that they may be treated in the least restrictive environment;
(4) Encourage the development of high quality, cost effective, and comprehensive services, including culturally sensitive services;
(5) Foster the development of comprehensive community mental health services, based on recognized local needs, especially for severely mentally disabled children, adolescents, and adults;
(6) Ensure that services provided meet minimum standards established by the director of mental health and addiction services;
(7) Promote the delivery of high quality and cost-effective addiction and mental health services;
(8) Promote the participation of persons receiving mental health services and addiction services in the planning, delivery, and evaluation of these services.
(B) Nothing in Chapter 340., 5119., or 5122. of the Revised Code shall be construed as requiring a board of county commissioners to provide resources beyond the total amount set forth in a budget and list of addiction services, mental health services, and recovery supports required by section 340.08 of the Revised Code and approved by the department of mental health and addiction services under section 5119.22 of the Revised Code.