Section 340.032 | Establishment of community-based continuum of care.
Subject to rules adopted by the director of mental health and addiction services after consultation with relevant constituencies as required by division (A)(10) of section 5119.21 of the Revised Code, each board of alcohol, drug addiction, and mental health services shall do all of the following:
(A) Establish, to the extent resources are available, a community-based continuum of care that includes all of the following as essential elements:
(1) Prevention and wellness management services;
(2) At least both of the following outreach and engagement activities:
(a) Locating persons in need of addiction services and persons in need of mental health services to inform them of available addiction services, mental health services, and recovery supports;
(b) Helping persons who receive addiction services and persons who receive mental health services obtain services necessary to meet basic human needs for food, clothing, shelter, medical care, personal safety, and income.
(3) Assessment services;
(4) Care coordination;
(5) Residential services;
(6) At least the following outpatient services:
(b) Intensive, such as partial hospitalization and assertive community treatment;
(c) Withdrawal management;
(d) Emergency and crisis.
(7) Where appropriate, at least the following inpatient services:
(a) Psychiatric care;
(b) Medically managed alcohol or drug treatment.
(8) At least all of the following recovery supports:
(a) Peer support;
(b) A wide range of housing and support services, including recovery housing residences;
(c) Employment, vocational, and educational opportunities;
(d) Assistance with social, personal, and living skills;
(e) Multiple paths to recovery such as twelve-step approaches and parent advocacy connection;
(f) Support, assistance, consultation, and education for families, friends, and persons receiving addiction services, mental health services, and recovery supports.
(9) In accordance with section 340.033 of the Revised Code, an array of addiction services and recovery supports for all levels of opioid and co-occurring drug addiction;
(10) Any additional elements the department of mental health and addiction services, pursuant to section 5119.21 of the Revised Code, determines are necessary to establish the community-based continuum of care.
(B) Ensure that the rights of persons receiving any elements of the community-based continuum of care are protected;
(C) Ensure that persons receiving any elements of the community-based continuum of care are able to utilize grievance procedures applicable to the elements.
Last updated September 18, 2023 at 8:57 AM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2013 – House Bill 59 - 130th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2013 Version ]
- July 1, 2017 – Senate Bill 319 - 131st General Assembly [ View July 1, 2017 Version ]
- September 29, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]
- October 3, 2023 – Amended by House Bill 33 - 135th General Assembly [ View October 3, 2023 Version ]