Section 340.034 | Recovery housing.
All of the following apply to recovery housing residences required by section 340.033 of the Revised Code to be part of included opioid and co-occurring drug addiction services and recovery supports:
(A) A recovery housing residence shall comply with the requirements of being monitored by the department of mental health and addiction services under sections 5119.39 to 5119.396 of the Revised Code and any rules adopted under section 5119.397 of the Revised Code, but the residence is not subject to residential facility licensure by the department under section 5119.34 of the Revised Code.
(B) A recovery housing residence shall not be operated by a board of alcohol, drug addiction, and mental health services unless any of the following applies:
(1) The board operated the recovery housing residence on July 1, 2017.
(2) The board utilizes local funds in the development or operation of the recovery housing residence.
(3) The board determines that there is a need for the board to assume operation of the recovery housing residence, such as when an existing operator of the residence goes out of business and the board considers the assumption of operation of the residence to be in the best interest of the community.
(C) A recovery housing residence shall have protocols for all of the following:
(1) Administrative oversight;
(2) Quality standards;
(3) Policies and procedures, including house rules, for its residents to which the residents must agree to adhere.
(D) Family members of a resident of a recovery housing residence may reside in the residence to the extent permitted by protocols of the residence.
(E) A recovery housing residence shall not limit a resident's duration of stay to an arbitrary or fixed amount of time. Instead, each resident's duration of stay shall be determined by the resident's needs, progress, and willingness to abide by the residence's protocols, in collaboration with the residence's operator, and, if appropriate, in consultation and integration with a community addiction services provider.
(F) A recovery housing residence may permit its residents to receive medication-assisted treatment.
(G) A resident of a recovery housing residence may receive addiction services that are certified by the department under section 5119.36 of the Revised Code.
Last updated September 18, 2023 at 8:59 AM