Section 340.034 | Recovery housing.
All of the following apply to the recovery housing required by section 340.033 of the Revised Code to be part of included opioid and co-occurring drug addiction services and recovery supports:
(A) The recovery housing shall not be subject to residential facility licensure by the department of mental health and addiction services under section 5119.34 of the Revised Code.
(B) The recovery housing shall not be subject to certification as a recovery support under section 5119.36 of the Revised Code.
(C) The recovery housing shall not be owned and operated by a board of alcohol, drug addiction, and mental health services unless any of the following applies:
(1) The board owns and operates the recovery housing on July 1, 2017.
(2) The board utilizes local funds in the development, purchase, or operation of the recovery housing.
(3) The board determines that there is a need for the board to assume the ownership and operation of the recovery housing such as when an existing owner and operator of the recovery housing goes out of business, and the board considers the assumption of ownership and operation of the recovery housing to be in the best interest of the community.
(D) The recovery housing shall have protocols for all of the following:
(1) Administrative oversight;
(2) Quality standards;
(3) Policies and procedures, including house rules, for its residents to which the residents must agree to adhere.
(E) Family members of the recovery housing's residents may reside in the recovery housing to the extent the recovery housing's protocols permit.
(F) The recovery housing shall not limit a resident's duration of stay to an arbitrary or fixed amount of time. Instead, each resident's duration of stay shall be determined by the resident's needs, progress, and willingness to abide by the recovery housing's protocols, in collaboration with the recovery housing's owner and operator, and, if appropriate, in consultation and integration with a community addiction services provider.
(G) The recovery housing may permit its residents to receive medication-assisted treatment.
(H) A recovery housing resident may receive addiction services that are certified by the department of mental health and addiction services under section 5119.36 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- July 1, 2017 – Amended by Senate Bill 319 - 131st General Assembly [ View July 1, 2017 Version ]