Section 3517.19 | Sale of membership and mailing lists.
(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Financial institution" means a bank, savings and loan association, or credit union with its principal office in this state.
(2) "Political party" means only a major political party.
(B) A state political party may sell or lease its contributor, membership, or mailing lists, or any other lists upon which the party and a financial institution may agree, to any financial institution for either or both of the following purposes:
(1) Allowing the financial institution to use the name or logo of the political party on credit cards that it issues to persons identified on or through the contributor, membership, mailing, or other lists;
(2) Allowing the financial institution to use the name and goodwill of the political party in marketing its credit card program to persons identified on or through the contributor, membership, mailing, or other lists.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 30, 1989 – Senate Bill 6 - 118th General Assembly [ View October 30, 1989 Version ]