Section 3599.12 | Illegal voting.
(A) No person shall do any of the following:
(1) Vote or attempt to vote in any primary, special, or general election in a precinct in which that person is not a legally qualified elector;
(2) Vote or attempt to vote more than once at the same election by any means, including voting or attempting to vote both by absent voter's ballots under division (G) of section 3503.16 of the Revised Code and by regular ballot at the polls at the same election, or voting or attempting to vote both by absent voter's ballots under division (G) of section 3503.16 of the Revised Code and by absent voter's ballots under Chapter 3509. or armed service absent voter's ballots under Chapter 3511. of the Revised Code at the same election;
(3) Impersonate or sign the name of another person, real or fictitious, living or dead, and vote or attempt to vote as that other person in any such election;
(4) Cast a ballot at any such election after objection has been made and sustained to that person's vote;
(5) Knowingly vote or attempt to vote a ballot other than the official ballot.
(B) Whoever violates division (A) of this section is guilty of a felony of the fourth degree.
Available Versions of this Section
- January 27, 2006 – Amended by House Bill 234, 126th General Assembly [ View January 27, 2006 Version ]