Section 3599.18 | Prohibitions concerning registration of electors.
(A) No election official, person assisting in the registration of electors, or police officer shall knowingly do any of the following:
(1) Refuse, neglect, or unnecessarily delay, hinder, or prevent the registration of a qualified elector, who in a lawful manner applies for registration;
(2) Enter or consent to the entry of a fictitious name on a voter registration list;
(3) Alter the name on or remove or destroy the registration card or form of any qualified elector;
(4) Neglect, unlawfully execute, or fail to execute any duty enjoined upon that person as an election official, person assisting in the registration of electors, or police officer.
(B) Whoever violates division (A) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree.
Available Versions of this Section
- December 9, 1997 – Senate Bill 116, 122nd General Assembly [ View December 9, 1997 Version ]