Section 3701.049 | Fetal-infant mortality review.
(A) As used in this section, "board of health" has the same meaning as in section 3707.70 of the Revised Code.
(B) The director of health shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code that establish a procedure for fetal-infant mortality review boards to follow in conducting a review of a fetal or infant death. The rules shall do all of the following:
(1) Specify the procedures a board of health must use to establish and operate a fetal-infant mortality review board under section 3707.71 of the Revised Code;
(2) Specify the data and other relevant information a review board must use when conducting the reviews described in section 3707.71 of the Revised Code;
(3) Establish guidelines for a review board to follow so that information presented to the review board does not include anything that would permit any person's identity to be ascertained;
(4) Specify the standards and procedures a review board must use when reporting fetal-infant mortality data to the fetal-infant mortality database maintained by the department of health or the national infant death review database.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 17, 2019 – Enacted by House Bill 166, 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]