Section 3701.07 | Rules defining and classifying hospitals and dispensaries - reporting of information - residents' rights advocates to register with department.
(A) The director of health shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code defining and classifying hospitals and dispensaries and providing for the reporting of information by hospitals and dispensaries. Except as otherwise provided in the Revised Code, the rules providing for the reporting of information shall not require inclusion of any confidential patient data or any information concerning the financial condition, income, expenses, or net worth of the facilities. The rules may require the reporting of information in the following categories:
(1) Information needed to identify and classify the institution;
(2) Information on facilities and type and volume of services provided by the institution;
(3) The number of beds listed by category of care provided;
(4) The number of licensed or certified professional employees by classification;
(5) The number of births that occurred at the institution the previous calendar year;
(6) Any other information that the director considers relevant to the safety of patients served by the institution.
Every hospital and dispensary, public or private, annually shall register with and report to the department of health. Reports shall be submitted in the manner prescribed in rules adopted under this division.
(B) Every governmental entity or private nonprofit corporation or association whose employees or representatives are defined as residents' rights advocates under divisions (E)(1) and (2) of section 3721.10 of the Revised Code shall register with the department of health on forms furnished by the director of health and shall provide such reasonable identifying information as the director may prescribe.
The department shall compile a list of the governmental entities, corporations, or associations registering under this division and shall update the list annually. Copies of the list shall be made available to nursing home administrators as defined in division (C) of section 3721.10 of the Revised Code.